This antipasto salad is really easy to make and will definitely impress your guests. I used my Mom’s Dressing to marinate the veggies, which includes green and black olives, artichoke hearts, peppadews, and roasted red peppers. I also chopped in a few cucumbers … I couldn’t resist a little crunch, and put everything over some wild arugula. I have some slices of genoa salami and rolled proscuitto on the side, but of course you could use whatever Italian cured meat you prefer. I skipped the cheese, because I’m intolerant, but if you can handle it, go for it.
You can easily make most of this ahead of time, and assemble everything when you are read to serve. Or have guests assemble it themselves so they can add what they like.
- 1 container of wild arugula
- 1 cup of pitted mixed green and black olives
- ½ cup of chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup of chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup of chopped peppadews
- ¼ lb of salami
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 1 chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup of Mom's Dressing(or Italian Dressing)
- Chop artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and peppadews. Combine with olives and add ¼ cup of salad dressing. Marinate for a couple hours, two at least.
- Then when ready to serve, arrange salami and prosciutto slices. Add some wild arugula to the side and add marinated vegetables and chopped cucumbers over greens.
- Then drizzle some more salad dressing over salad and serve.