Sorry for all the popsicle posts, but I am completely head over heels for my lastest kitchen gadget – my popsicle mold. I never realized how easy they were to make, or I would have been doing this for a while now. I bought some fancy silicone reusable ones, when I first tried to make them, but I hated them. They were too small, and the silicone was a pain to remove from the popsicles. These are just basic molds, but the trick is to run them under hot water when you want to remove them, and then lay them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper to store them. Plus, then they develop a pretty layer of frost for pictures.
I am particularly proud of this recipe, since my husband loves anything mango, and any Indian food. I made this with coconut milk, instead of yogurt and I didn’t miss it at all. This one we will definitely be repeating.
- 3 cups of frozen mango (about 1.5 small bags)
- 1 can of regular coconut milk
- ½ cup of grade b maple syrup
- Blend mango, coconut milk, and maple syrup in Vitamix
- Pour into popsicle molds, and freeze.
- Store in freezer for at least five hours
- Run molds under hot water to easily remove from popsicles.