It’s a shame this soup isn’t more popular, because it’s full of nourishing gelatin, and it tastes amazing. It smells good too. I was literally standing over the slow cooker smelling it, while I waited for it finish cooking. I hope you love this as much as I do!
- 2.5 lbs of oxtail
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 carrots chopped 1/2 inch
- 1 parsnip chopped 1/2 inch
- 3 cups of chopped white onions (= 1 large onion)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic (= 3 cloves)
- garnish with fresh parsley (optional)
- Defrost oxtail, the slow cooker will eventually defrost it if you forget this step.
- Throw all ingredients into the slow cooker. Then fill rest of slow cooker with water.
- Cook on high for 6 to 7 hours or low for 9 to 10 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out oxtail bones, and let them cool enough for you to handle.
- Then peel and/or chop as much meat off as possible. This is the tough part, pun intended since there is not much meat and some of it may be tough. Do your best. Then add meat back into soup.
- Garnish with fresh parsley (optional)