Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! I made this recipe with a homemade mayo recipe that I slightly altered. I left out the dijonnaise and substituted the juice of one lemon for the juice of four limes. I used three bone-in skin-on chicken breasts that were non-GMO and on sale at Whole Foods and had a ton of leftover shredded chicken. You can use it for leftovers, or just cook two instead. I think bone and skin add flavor, so if you don’t mind a little mess when shredding your chicken, I’d avoid boneless skinless chicken breast.
Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp of homemade coconut oil and lime mayo
- 1/3 cup of green onions chopped on bias
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/3 chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 diced avocados
- 1 package of romaine leaves
- Make homemade mayo, set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts in oven for 20 minutes on each side. Let cool in fridge until ready to handle.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken, shred, then add chicken to large bowl.
- Chop green onions, red onions, and cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Add homemade mayo, and sea salt. Stir bowl.
- Then diced avocados and gently sitr in.
- Serve on romaine leaves.
- (Optional) Garnish with cilantro.