Instant Pot pulled pork is a quick meal in one pot, that you could easily make ahead of time for guests. You can use your favorite bbq sauce or make or your own. I’ll admit that I’m lazy and I usually buy mine. You can get paleo friendly bbq sauce at whole foods or online, and if you are on budget the whole food’s brand 365 has a great bbq sauce that’s not pricey. I also like Annie’s Naturals sweet and spicy organic bbq sauce. So there are plenty of options depending on your diet. I used Annie’s Naturals for the photo above, but I usually make do with what’s in the fridge.
I used to make this in the slow cooker, but the instant pot pressure cooks this for 45 minutes and it’s done. It’s seriously impressive. Although the instant pot definitely was a little scary compared to the slow cooker, it’s worth it. Just be sure to wear an oven mitt when quick releasing the steam/pressure. Better safe than sorry.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3-4lbs)
- 1 onion, sliced in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of bbq sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- a couple grinds of black pepper
- Slice an onion in half and nestle it in the instant pot with with pork tenderloins.
- Then add two peeled garlic cloves whole, a bay leaf, chicken broth, sea salt and black pepper to instant pot.
- Add ½ cup of bbq sauce over pork tenderloins. Secure lid and make sure vent is sealed.
- Then set instant pot to manual and on high pressure cook for 45 minutes.
- Use quick release to release steam when finished.
- Shred pork and set aside.
- (optional) scoop out juice/liquid in instant pot and drizzle over shredded pork to keep moist, if eating later
- (optional) Mix in or drizzle fav bbq over shredded pork before you serve.