This vegan pea pesto is the perfect condiment for spring time. It’s really easy to make and tastes delicious, even on it’s own. You can also use it as a dip with carrots, for some Easter entertaining. I bet it would also taste delicious with some zoodles or over some grain free toast. Check out my recipe for paleo bread, if you want this over toast with a fried egg on top. Yum! I’ll have to post that later
Big thank you to Chris, for letting me sample your pea pesto. You were definitely the inspiration for this recipe. I ate your pea pesto with eggs scrambled with sauteed spinach and it was crazy good.
- 2 cups of fresh steamed peas (1 bag of fresh peas from trader joes)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 pressed clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Steam fresh peas for 2-3 minutes and transfer to an ice bath.
- Drain peas, then transfer to a food processor.
- In the food processor, add sea slat, pine nuts, pressed clove of garlic, and olive oil and pulse until desired consistency.