Although Lemon Garlic Aioli might sound intimidating to make, it is actually pretty easy. If you’ve ever made mayo, it’s a similar process to achieve the emulsification and that desirable creamy texture. I used the same oil base as my favorite coconut oil mayo, which is half a cup of extra virgin olive oil and half a cup of coconut oil. You could honestly do it with any oil, but these are my favorite paleo oils for health reasons. You don’t really taste the coconut flavor either, since the lemon and garlic easily overpower it.
The strong lemon flavor will taste delicious with any kind of seafood, although it could be eaten with anything. Lemon and garlic are flavors that are pretty common across a lot of different cuisines, and I know they are staples in my pantry. Seriously, when in doubt, buy a bag of lemons. A little bit of lemon juice makes food taste way better in my opinion.
- 2 eggs yolks
- ½ tsp sea salt
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 pressed cloves of garlic
- Separate eggs to get yolks, add to food processor.
- Then add lemon juice, sea salt, and pressed garlic.
- Turn on food processor and very slowly drizzle in olive oil, then coconut oil.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 to 7 days