These peanut-free copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups taste just like the real thing. Maybe a bit better, because I like my chocolate darker and this uses Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate. I love this brand because their products, including the chocolate chips, are made in a dedicated nut and gluten free facility, and are certified non-gmo and vegan. Beware, these chocolate chips are dangerously addictive and often go straight to my stomach, instead of a recipe.
I also used Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter. Do not substitute a different brand. This almond butter is also made in a peanut free facility and is also certified non-gmo, gluten-free, and vegan. Plus, it tastes exactly like peanut butter! I don’t know how they managed it, but it I’m so excited to try more peanut recipes. The ingredients in this almond butter are blanched roasted almonds, evaporated cane juice, palm fruit oil, and sea salt. I found this at my local Whole Foods, but you can also purchase it on amazon. Seriously, if you don’t tell anyone it’s not peanut butter, they won’t know.
- 2 10oz bags of Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 jar of Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add 1 tbsp of melted chocolate to baking cups. Then freeze until solid.
- Then add 1 tbsp of almond butter over frozen chocolate.
- Then add 1 tbsp of melted chocolate over almond butter. Then freeze until solid.
- Let it defrost for 10-15 minutes before eating it, so chocolate isn't too hard.