I loved tuna salad growing up. When I used to make it for myself, I would always add a ton of onions. Even back then, I guess I couldn’t get enough of them. Since they’re so healthy, I don’t mind the onion breath.
Since tuna can contain a lot of mercury, avoid eating this very often. We also bought the expensive cans of Wild Albacore Tuna from Whole Foods by Wild Planet. There is no liquid or fillers added, it’s just 100% tuna and sea salt, plus the can lining is BPA free and since it’s wild, it’s non-GMO. It’s also the best choice for sustainability since it’s pole and troll caught. Shameer and I sampled some when we were at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and liked it, so we thought we’d stroll down memory lane with an old fav – tuna salad.
- ⅓ cup of homemade coconut oil mayo
- ⅓ cup of thinly chopped red onions
- 1 can of Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Mix together coconut oil mayo, red onions, tuna, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl set aside.
- Slice cucumbers, and add one small scoop approx. 1 tbsp to each cucumber.