Happy Mother’s Day everyone! I’m back in New Jersey where I grew up prepping for my wedding, so I get to spend today with my mom! We made this awesome broccoli and breakfast sausage quiche with locally sourced pastured sausage and eggs. The crust is made with almond flour so this quiche is seriously packed with protein, which my brother loves. It’s very filling so unless you eat crazy big portions like my brother and I, be prepared for leftovers.
Broccoli and Breakfast Sausage Quiche
- 1/2 lb of breakfast sausage
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 9 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp of water
- Cook breakfast sausage on stovetop. Set aside, then let cool.
- Steam broccoli. Set aside, then let cool.
- With dough blade for food processor, blend sea salt and almond flour.
- Then add coconut oil and one egg to food processor and mix until it forms a ball.
- Spread dough out on quiche dish. Dip hands in water when dough sticks to hands.
- Place sausage and broccoli over dough.
- Whisk remaining eggs and water, pour over sausage and broccoli.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until desired firmness.