I know.. another pie, but I’m kinda obsessed. For me, pies scream comfort food and rustic charm. Plus, They are ridiculously easy with my food processor. I used a paleo friendly almond flour crust. Honestly, I’m so used to eating an almond flour crust, I think pies would taste strange (and not in a good way) without it.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (look for bpa free can)
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 tbsp of homemade vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of gelatin
- 1/4 cup of water
- Prebake pie crust.
- Blend coconut milk, bananas, vanilla, and honey in Vitamix/blender.
- Dissolve gelatin in water.
- Add mix from blender and gelatin to a pan and heat until you start to see some steam. This is to make sure gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Then add mixture to baked pie crust and let cool a little before adding it to fridge.
- Refrigerate for an hour minimum.
- Garnish with fresh slices of banana and serve.