These marzipan truffles are made with homemade marzipan, and make a perfect holiday gift for the someone who loves chocolate and almonds. They are gluten and dairy free, and made with almond meal, so technically grain free too. They were actually really easy to make, and taste just like store bought ones. Every time we go to World Market, my husband searches out the chocolate covered marzipan, so I’m happy I can now make some that taste just as good.
- 1 roll of homemade marzipan (12 ounces)
- 1 bag of enjoy life chocolate chips
- (optional) sea salt flakes
- Roll marzipan into ¾ inch balls, and then set aside on parchment paper.
- Using the double boiler method, melt chocolate chips.
- Then, roll balls in chocolate and let it sit and harden on parchment paper.
- (optional) Sprinkle sea salt flakes over truffles for a garnish.