Since it’s orange season out here in LA, I thought I would showcase them in salad. These are organic and local cara cara navel oranges. I mixed them with some pomegranate seeds that I bought frozen in bulk at Costco. I also added in some thinly sliced red onions, because I love them and they are super healthy.
Asian Orange and Pomegranate Seed Salad
- 4 cara cara navel oranges
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Defrost pomegranate seeds if frozen.
- To slice oranges, chop of top and bottom, then slice of peel. With a small paring knife, slice out the sections of the orange.
- Thinly slice red onion
- Drizzle with rice wine vinegar
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds