I’ve been avoiding desserts since I went overboard on Valentines Day. I still struggle with sugar cravings, which is why I made this side dish. These carrots are great because they are already pretty sweet, then when you add in a small amount of maple sugar and you can pretend you’re eating dessert. You can get organic baby carrots cheaply at Costco, so this dish is also budget friendly. Plus, even picky eaters will eat this.
- ⅓ cup of grade b maple syrup
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Add baby carrots to a pan, then drizzle with the maple sugar.
- Put on medium heat with lid on. The liquid from the cooking carrots and the maple sugar will steam the carrots . Stir occasionally
- When carrots are almost done, remove lid and stir to evaporate remaining water, until carrots are soft when poked with a knife.
- Transfer to bowl, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Tip: I've also left the lid off the entire time and added water when it evaporated as needed. This caramelized the carrots a little better, but it cooked them slower.