My fiance loves almond cake. Whenever we go to Rainbow Acres, which is a local health food store, he gets their almond cake. So when I got those cute little mini bundt cake molds, I wanted to experiment with some almond flour baking in my new food processor. Normally for my muffins, I use less sugar since they are a breakfast food. Since this was a cake recipe, I decided to be generous with the amount of coconut sugar I added. I wouldn’t consider this a health food, but a healthier alternative to store bought dessert.
Dairy and Grain Free Almond Cake with Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 6 grass-fed local eggs
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt to food processor. Pulse a couple times to evenly distribute ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, and almond extract. Then add them to food processor and blend it in.
- Then add solid coconut oil to food processor and mix that in.
- Fill mini bundt cake pans 3/4 full. Lightly tap pan to make sure batter settles.
- Then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cakes cool, before taking them out of the silicone molds.