My fiance loves almond cake. Whenever we go to Rainbow Acres, which is a local health food store, he gets their almond cake. So when I got those cute little mini bundt cake molds, I wanted to experiment with some almond flour baking in my new food processor. Normally for my muffins, I use less sugar since they are a breakfast food. Since this was a cake recipe, I decided to be generous with the amount of coconut sugar I added. I wouldn't consider this a health food, but a healthier alternative to store bought dessert.
2 cups of almond flour
1 cup of coconut sugar
6 grass-fed local eggs
1 cup of coconut oil
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of almond extract
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1. Add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt to food processor. Pulse a couple times to evenly distribute ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, and almond extract. Then add them to food processor and blend it in.
3. Then add solid coconut oil to food processor and mix that in.
4. Fill mini bundt cake pans 3/4 full. Lightly tap pan to make sure batter settles.
5. Then bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cakes cool, before taking them out of the silicone molds.