I’m really proud of this recipe because I made raw cashew butter for the first time with my new food processor, which I love love love! This blog post by The Healthie Foodie has great pictures that walk you through how to make your own raw cashew butter in a food processor. Trust me, you need the pictures. Then, I added my leftover green chutney I had in the freezer. Since the chutney wasn’t fresh, it was a bit less spicy, which is a good thing since I’m bringing this to a new year’s party and everyone has different spicy preferences. The main ingredients in the chutney are cilantro and lemon juice, and the cashew butter adds a rich fatty texture and tangy flavor that resembles cream cheese. Whenever I’m eating a rich fatty dip, I like to use a cucumber slice for a refreshing contrast and because they have a nice a crunch.
- 4 cups of raw cashews (or 1 bag from trader's joe)
- 1.5 cups (I used a liquid measuring cup) of green chutney
- 3 cucumber chopped
- Add cashews to food processor, first it will turn into cashew meal/flour, then as more oil is released it will form a dough ball. Break up ball and keep processing until more oil is released, repeat until it becomes creamy.
- Add green chutney to food processor, blend until smooth.
- Chop cucumbers for dipping.
This post is in Healing with Foods Friday.