So this was my first attempt at quiche and I was very happy with the finished product. I could have mixed the eggs a bit better, but it tasted great and that’s what counts, right? I used my favorite Paleo Pie Crust recipe from Elana’s Pantry, although to be honest, it’s the only one I’ve ever made. It’s crazy easy with a food processor, and dairy and grain free. Need I say more? I’ve also used this recipe to make a paleo pumpkin pie, ever since then I’ve wanted to try to make paleo quiche.
Breakfast Quiche with Broccoli and Ham
- 3 tbsp of water
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2 cups of broccoli chopped small
- 2 cups of red onions
- 2 cups of ham
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Bake pie dish for 5 minutes on 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lightly steam broccoli for a couple of minutes, should turn a pretty bright green. Set aside.
- Saute chopped red onions and chopped ham in coconut oil. If ham is fatty skip coconut oil, the fat will render and be enough.
- Add veggies to lightly baked pie crust.
- Then whisk eggs and water and add over veggies. Water helps make eggs fluffy, so does baking soda. Other recipes I googled use almond and coconut milk. Your pick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired firmness.
Tip: I always undercook food, you can always put it in the oven for longer.